Born in 1989 in Croatia, my family moved in 1991 to Belgrade where I grew up and graduated from the Faculty of Fine Arts. After receiving a scholarship to pursue my studies abroad I moved to France and graduated at the Ecole Nationale Superieure d'Art de Nancy in the class of professor Etienne Pressager and spent time living and working in Paris. In 2015, I received another MA degree from the Faculty of Fine Arts in Belgrade – painting department. In 2018, an art residency in Germany, where I spent one month, led me to my current place of living, Leipzig.
My multidisciplinary practice extends beyond painting to include sculpture, installation and graphic art. Expressive color surfaces, layers, scribbles and gestural, calligraphic lines are forming lyrical abstraction compositions that hover between warm and cold, large and small, simple and complex, object and painting. In a constant search for the new and unexpected connections of the color and line my artworks are emerging to the surfaces by creating both an intense energy and a sense of tranquility.
- 2012 – 2014 École Nationale Supérieure d'Art et de Design de Nancy, class of Proffesor Etienne Pressager
- 2011 Erasmus studies, ENSAN, Art department, class of Nina Childress
- 2008/11 & 2014 BA and MA at the Faculty of Fine Arts Belgrade, Painting department, class of Cedomir Vasic and Gordan Nikolic
- 2018 Freedom is Reached!, Gallery HINTEN, Chemnitz, DE
- 2017 All in place, SKUC, Pula, CRO
- 2016 Come Closer to See Nothing, Belgrade Youth Centre, SRB
- 2015 Action ou Vérité?, Gallery NaMiMa, Nancy, FR. A group show featuring selected art students who graduated in 2014 at ENSAN in France. Participants: Juliette Ancé, Hélène Bleys, Jeannie Brie, Alma Bucciali, Damien Gete, Kirsty Grascha, Remi Illig, Camille Michel, Hugo Lermechin, Mihaela Vujnovic et Xi Zijian.
- 2013 Zeichnen, zeichnen, toujours, toujours, Regionale 13, Mulhouse, FR. Group show of the selected art students from the art academies in Strasbourg, Metz, Nancy and Mulhouse.
Scholarships and Awards
- 2021 Working Scholarship, NEUSTART KULTUR Programme by Fine Art Cultural Foundation, Federal Commissioner for Culture and Media, Bonn, Berlin, DE
- 2020 Working grant, Denkzeit, Cultural Foundation of the Free State of Saxony, Leipzig, DE
- 2013 – 2014 Scholarship, Dositeja, Fund for Young Talents, The Ministry of Youth and Sport, Belgrade, SRB
- 2010 – 2013 Scholarship of the Fund for Young Talents of the Municipality of Savski Venac, Belgrade, SRB
- 2013 Art Ambassador, UNESCO Club Sorbonne, Paris, FR
- 2007 A Letter of Thanks from the City of Belgrade, Belgrade, SRB
- 2021 Kruparart, Subotica, SRB
- 2018 Edition Bucciali – Printmaking Workshop and Gallery, Colmar, FR
- 2018 Gallery Hinten, Chemnitz, DE
- 2017 The Art Colony of Jalovik, Sabac, SRB
- 2013 Experimental Art Centre, Florence, IT
Membership of Art Societies
VG Bild-Kunst, Bonn, Berlin, DE
- Bund Bildender Künstler Leipzig, DE
Leipzig Annual Exhibition, Leipzig, DE
ULUS, Association of Fine Artists of Serbia, Belgrade, SRB